Our Mission Statement :
“To be recognised as a benchmark for service and standards of the highest level in our Industry Sector.”
We will achieve this by:
- Ensuring that our business is carried out with integrity, fairness, transparency, respect and a high level of customer focus.
- Meeting and exceeding our customers’ expectations with our skills and services. We will do what we say we will, when we say we will, for the price we promised.
- Continuously growing and maintaining a loyal business base by developing good working relationships with clients, staff, sub-contractors and the local community.
- Ensuring our employees feel valued, respected and rewarded within their roles.
- Ensuring a safe working practice at all times, and that Health and Safety legislation is adhered to constantly, within the workplace, on-site and whilst travelling to sites. All staff will, at all times, adhere to the rules set out by the relevant Compliance/ Registration Bodies.
- Working with suppliers and manufacturers of the highest standard to ensure all tools and parts used by JLN are of the best quality available.
Ensuring all of our staff are trained to their highest ability, are competent within their roles, tested regularly, kept up to date with legislative changes, and given new challenges within their chosen vocation.
Customer Complaints Procedure
Although we strive to provide the highest standard of service on every job we conduct, regrettably there are occasions where our customers are not satisfied with our works. Customer Satisfaction is of paramount importance to all staff at JLN and we take any complaint or issue very seriously. We have taken the following measures to ensure that Customer Satisfaction is consistently of a very high level.
Should our customers not be present during the visit, they can request to be updated on site by our engineer as regularly as they may require.
If an issue has been raised in relation to workmanship, we will send an engineer back to the property as soon as is possible. This means that if an issue arises that is related any works we have conducted then we will put this right free of charge. A charge will only apply if the issue is unrelated to a fault we have worked on.
We rarely come across issues with regards to the booking process however, the main problems we find relate to either confusion of our rates or time slots allocated for us to attend. We endeavour to be as transparent as possible with all policies, but on occasion, confusion can still occur. To eradicate these problems, the following procedures are in place:
- Hourly rates + VAT plus any materials. Minimum charge of the first hour which covers fault, diagnosis and repair if possible. Labour is then charged per half hour.
- Our engineers carry a wide range of fittings and parts on their vehicles, however, they are often required to collect other necessary parts and fittings to repair/ replace the fault. If an engineer is required to this, time is capped at 45 minutes.
- Payment is required on satisfactory completion of the job to the engineer on the day of completion.
- Our customers will be contacted via telephone or text message prior to our arrival, to indicate our estimated time of arrival.
- We understand that due to factors beyond our control sometimes we can be delayed from previous jobs or projects. In these events, we endeavour to inform the customer as soon as we are aware to ensure that they are fully informed.
In the unlikely event there is anything you are not completely satisfied with, please contact us as soon as you can in order that we can rectify any problems as soon as possible. Either call us on 024 7667 7667, or write to us at JLN Plumbing & Heating Limited, 208 Winsford Avenue, Coventry, West Midlands, CV5 9NB or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org We aim to respond within 48 hrs of receiving your complaint and where possible, will provide you with a date to remedy any issues raised. Where we are unable to resolve your complaint using our own complaints procedure, as a WHICH? Trusted Trader we use Dispute Resolution Ombudsman for dispute resolution. If you wish to do contact them in the first instance, please call WHICH? Trusted Traders on 0333 241 3209.
General Plumbing Questions
Q. Do you have a call out charge?
A. We have no call out charge for boiler repairs or breakdowns, we will be happy to call out and provide a free quotation.
Q. What are your labour charges/costs?
A. We have an hourly rate of £65 +VAT, this will be charged in full for up to the first hour and in ½ hr increments from then on.
Q. What is the cost of a new boiler combi install?
A. This does vary from house to house and we would be happy to call out and provide a free quotation, but a standard combi swap starts from as little as £995 +VAT
Q. How often should I have my boiler serviced.
A. All gas appliances should be serviced/safety checked at least every 12 months or sooner if advised by the manufacturer. This is especially important in gas boiler
Q. What’s the difference between a combi boiler and a regular boiler?
A. A regular boiler produces heated water that is normally pumped around the heating system and or hot water cylinder. The path of water is determined by your user controls opening and closing motorised valves and the domestic water in the cylinder is heated indirectly by the system water passing through a coil of pipe within. A combi boiler does not use a separate cylinder to provide hot water, but heats it internally on demand, via a plate heat exchanger. There are advantages and disadvantages to both systems and we would be happy to call out and explain these in greater detail.
Q. What is OpenTherm?
A. Opentherm is a technology that allows third party controls to use a universal 2 wire communication system that supplies power and data down the same cable. This data transfer allows the thermostat or controller not only to turn the boiler on and off, but to ‘modulate’ the burner to an infinite number of settings to match the heat output to a specific temperature demand, thus improving efficiency.
Q. What is Weather Compensation?
A. Weather compensation is a type of control system for central heating boilers that takes outside air temperature and sets the output of the boiler to a pre-determined level using ‘heat curves’. This means that rather than run at full rate anytime you ask for heat, your boiler will ‘modulate’ and give out the required amount of heat according to the temperature outside, saving energy and helping to reduce fuel bills.
Q. What pressure should my boiler be set to?
A. Most sealed system boilers are designed to work at around 1.5bar. But don’t worry if yours is a little higher than this as there should be a pressure relief valve fitted somewhere on the system that will release the pressure in the event of getting too high.
Q. What is a Magnetic System Filter?
A. System filters are devices designed to capture debris and stop it passing into your boiler where it could block sensors or heat exchanges causing faults and reducing efficiency. They are usually magnetic, but can stop non-magnetic debris too by the use of cyclonic action. System filters are usually cleaned out as part of an annual boiler service.
Q. What payment methods do you accept?
A. We accept, cash, cheque, bank transfer and card payments (excluding AmEx). Our engineers are able to process card payments on-site and provide you with a full receipt for any payments made.
Q. What if I smell gas?
A. Call Emergency Gas/ National Grid number 0800 111 999 immediately.
Terms and Conditions
- For the purpose of these terms & conditions the following words shall have the following meanings:
(a) “The Company” shall mean JLN Plumbing & Heating Limited.
(b) “The Customer” shall mean the person or organisation for whom the Company agrees to carry out works &/or supply materials.
(c) “The Operative” or “Engineer” shall mean the representative appointed by the Company.
- The Company shall only be bound (subject as hereinafter) by estimates given in writing to the Customer & signed by a duly authorised representative of the Company. The Company shall not be bound by any estimates given orally or in which manifest errors occur.
- Material Collection.
Collection of non-stock items is chargeable but:
(a) Time must be kept to a minimum & reasonable.
(b) If the collection time is likely to exceed 45 minutes the customer must be additionally informed of the circumstances.
- Where the date &/or time for works to be carried out is agreed by the Company with the Customer, then the Company shall use its best endeavours to ensure that the operative shall attend on the date & at the time agreed. However, the Company accepts no liability in respect of the non attendance or late attendance on site of the operative/engineer or for the late or non delivery of materials.
- Cancellation Rights – Cancellation rights will be provided when required.
- If the Customer cancels their instructions prior to any work being carried out or materials supplied then the Customer shall be liable for any related expenditure together with the profit that would have been made by the Company had the work been carried out &/or materials supplied in accordance with such instructions.
- If, after the Company shall have carried out the works, the Customer is not wholly satisfied with the works then the Customer shall give notice in writing within 12 months to the Company & shall afford the Company, and its insurers, the opportunity of both inspecting such works, & carrying out any necessary remedial works if appropriate. The Customer accepts that if he fails to notify the Company as aforesaid then the Company shall not be liable in respect of any defects in the works carried out.
- The Guarantee shall be for labour only in respect of faulty workmanship for 12 months from the date of completion with the manufacturer’s warranty in force. The Guarantee will become null & void if the work/appliance completed/supplied by the Company is:
(a) Subject to misuse or negligence.
(b) Repaired, modified or tampered with by anyone other than a Company operative. The Company will accept no liability for, or guarantee suitability; materials supplied by the Customer & will accept no liability for any consequential damage or fault.
- Work is guaranteed only in respect of work directly undertaken by the company & payment in full has been made. Any non-related faults arising from recommended work which has not been undertaken by the company will not be guaranteed.
The company shall not be held liable or responsible for any damage or defect resulting from work not fully guaranteed or where recommended work has not been carried out. Work will not carry a guarantee where the customer has been notified by the operative either verbally or indicated in ticked boxes or in Comments/ Recommendations of any other related work which requires attention.
The customer shall be solely liable for any hazardous situation in respect of Gas Safe Regulations or Gas Warning Notice issued.
- Where the Company agrees to carry out works on installations of inferior quality or over ten years old at that date no warranty is given in respect of such works & the Company accepts no liability in respect of the effectiveness of such works or otherwise.
- No engineer/ technician or other member of staff will enter a property where there are minors present, but no persons over the age of 18. Should there be adults present when the member of staff enters the property, but the situation changes and for any reason, they are to leave the minor in the property alone, the member of staff will also leave at the same time.
- In the unlikely event there is anything you are not completely satisfied with, please contact us as soon as you can in order that we can rectify any problems as soon as possible. Either call us on 024 7667 7667, or write to us at JLN Plumbing & Heating Limited, 208 Winsford Avenue, Coventry, West Mids, CV5 9NB or email us at email@example.com We aim to respond within 48 hrs of receiving your complaint and where possible, will provide you with a date to remedy any issues raised. Where we are unable to resolve your complaint using our own complaints procedure, as a WHICH? Trusted Trader we use Dispute Resolution Ombudsman for dispute resolution. If you wish to do contact them in the first instance, please call WHICH? Trusted Traders on 0333 241 3209.
These terms & conditions & all contracts awarded between the Company & Customer shall be governed & construed in accordance with English law & shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English law.
Your Statutory Rights are not affected.
GDPR Regulations Regarding Data Privacy
Due to a recent change in regulations we now have to tell you what information we collect about you and your property and how we process/store this data.
- If you call upon our services, whether for a quotation or for a job to be carried out, we will ask you for contact details including your name, address, phone numbers and email address. We will store this on our cloud-based CRM system that is password protected and assume you are happy with this and that we have your consent to do so.
- We may store these and other relevant details about your property such as type of property, boiler make/model/location, stopcock position, gas meter location and any other information that may be useful for our engineers.
- We will assume that you are happy for us to do so, and that you give consent for us to store and use this data for fulfilment of contract. If you do not want us to store any data or you wish us to change any details we have, just drop us an email or phone call, or use the contact form on our secure website. Certain types of data such as financial records for tax reasons cannot be erased.
- Whilst carrying out work for you we may need to pass your details on to one of our approved contractors or suppliers under the performance of contract area of the lawful processing of your data.
- We may also need to pass you details on to various governing bodies for certain appliance/installation registration purposes.
- We assume that if we carry out works for you we have your consent to use images of our work within your property for marketing and social media purposes. Every care will be taken not to include any reference to you or your address, pictures, personal effects, persons, pets or belongings in the photo.
- We may from time to time contact you via our email marketing platform with details of relevant offers or services, if you do not wish to receive these you may use the unsubscribe option within that email.
- As an individual you have strengthened rights under the new General Data Protection Regulations including the right to rectify any incorrect information we hold, transfer this information to another company, access the information or withdraw the information we hold about you.
- If you send in a CV for a job vacancy we will assume that we have your consent to store your data, even if you are unsuccessful so we may contact you if a similar role becomes available in the future.
- We have CCTV recording within the public area of our shop/office and this data is stored on a loop recording system for the purposes of staff safety and crime prevention. We also have forward facing dash cameras fitted to our fleet of vehicles for crime prevention.
‘THE CONSUMER CONTRACTS (INFORMATION, CANCELLATION AND ADDITIONAL CHARGES) REGULATIONS 2013’
Under the above regulations you have a right to cancel your contract during a period of 14 calendar days from the day this notice is sent or given to you. During that period, if you choose to cancel the contract, any money paid by you will be refunded.
However, if you have already given written approval for the work to begin before the end of the cancellation period you may be required to pay for goods or services already provided.
If you wish to cancel the contract you must do so in writing and deliver personally or send (which may be electronic mail or post) this to the person named on the original ‘Work Start Authorisation’ notice. We have a form available on the reverse of the ‘Work Start Authorisation’ which you can use if you want to, but you don’t have to.
The notice of cancellation is deemed to be served as soon as it is posted or in the case of an electronic communication from the day it is sent.
Your notice should be sent to:
POST – JLN Plumbing & Heating Limited, 208 Winsford Avenue, Allesley Park, Coventry, CV5 9NB
EMAIL – firstname.lastname@example.org