- For the purpose of these terms & conditions the following words shall have the following meanings:
(a) “The Company” shall mean JLN Plumbing & Heating Limited.
(b) “The Customer” shall mean the person or organisation for whom the Company agrees to carry out works &/or supply materials.
(c) “The Operative” or “Engineer” shall mean the representative appointed by the Company.
- The Company shall only be bound (subject as hereinafter) by estimates given in writing to the Customer & signed by a duly authorised representative of the Company. The Company shall not be bound by any estimates given orally or in which manifest errors occur.
- Material Collection.
Collection of non-stock items is chargeable but:
(a) Time must be kept to a minimum & reasonable.
(b) If the collection time is likely to exceed 45 minutes the customer must be additionally informed of the circumstances.
- Where the date &/or time for works to be carried out is agreed by the Company with the Customer, then the Company shall use its best endeavours to ensure that the operative shall attend on the date & at the time agreed. However, the Company accepts no liability in respect of the non attendance or late attendance on site of the operative/engineer or for the late or non delivery of materials.
- Cancellation Rights – Cancellation rights will be provided when required.
- If the Customer cancels their instructions prior to any work being carried out or materials supplied then the Customer shall be liable for any related expenditure together with the profit that would have been made by the Company had the work been carried out &/or materials supplied in accordance with such instructions.
- If, after the Company shall have carried out the works, the Customer is not wholly satisfied with the works then the Customer shall give notice in writing within 12 months to the Company & shall afford the Company, and its insurers, the opportunity of both inspecting such works, & carrying out any necessary remedial works if appropriate. The Customer accepts that if he fails to notify the Company as aforesaid then the Company shall not be liable in respect of any defects in the works carried out.
- The Guarantee shall be for labour only in respect of faulty workmanship for 12 months from the date of completion with the manufacturer’s warranty in force. The Guarantee will become null & void if the work/appliance completed/supplied by the Company is:
(a) Subject to misuse or negligence.
(b) Repaired, modified or tampered with by anyone other than a Company operative. The Company will accept no liability for, or guarantee suitability; materials supplied by the Customer & will accept no liability for any consequential damage or fault.
- Work is guaranteed only in respect of work directly undertaken by the company & payment in full has been made. Any non-related faults arising from recommended work which has not been undertaken by the company will not be guaranteed.
The company shall not be held liable or responsible for any damage or defect resulting from work not fully guaranteed or where recommended work has not been carried out. Work will not carry a guarantee where the customer has been notified by the operative either verbally or indicated in ticked boxes or in Comments/ Recommendations of any other related work which requires attention.
The customer shall be solely liable for any hazardous situation in respect of Gas Safe Regulations or Gas Warning Notice issued.
- Where the Company agrees to carry out works on installations of inferior quality or over ten years old at that date no warranty is given in respect of such works & the Company accepts no liability in respect of the effectiveness of such works or otherwise.
- No engineer/ technician or other member of staff will enter a property where there are minors present, but no persons over the age of 18. Should there be adults present when the member of staff enters the property, but the situation changes and for any reason, they are to leave the minor in the property alone, the member of staff will also leave at the same time.
- In the unlikely event there is anything you are not completely satisfied with, please contact us as soon as you can in order that we can rectify any problems as soon as possible. Either call us on 024 7667 7667, or write to us at JLN Plumbing & Heating Limited, 208 Winsford Avenue, Coventry, West Mids, CV5 9NB or email us at email@example.com We aim to respond within 48 hrs of receiving your complaint and where possible, will provide you with a date to remedy any issues raised. Where we are unable to resolve your complaint using our own complaints procedure, as a WHICH? Trusted Trader we use Dispute Resolution Ombudsman for dispute resolution. If you wish to do contact them in the first instance, please call WHICH? Trusted Traders on 0333 241 3209.
These terms & conditions & all contracts awarded between the Company & Customer shall be governed & construed in accordance with English law & shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English law.
Your Statutory Rights are not affected.
GDPR Regulations Regarding Data Privacy
Due to a recent change in regulations we now have to tell you what information we collect about you and your property and how we process/store this data.
- If you call upon our services, whether for a quotation or for a job to be carried out, we will ask you for contact details including your name, address, phone numbers and email address. We will store this on our cloud-based CRM system that is password protected and assume you are happy with this and that we have your consent to do so.
- We may store these and other relevant details about your property such as type of property, boiler make/model/location, stopcock position, gas meter location and any other information that may be useful for our engineers.
- We will assume that you are happy for us to do so, and that you give consent for us to store and use this data for fulfilment of contract. If you do not want us to store any data or you wish us to change any details we have, just drop us an email or phone call, or use the contact form on our secure website. Certain types of data such as financial records for tax reasons cannot be erased.
- Whilst carrying out work for you we may need to pass your details on to one of our approved contractors or suppliers under the performance of contract area of the lawful processing of your data.
- We may also need to pass you details on to various governing bodies for certain appliance/installation registration purposes.
- We assume that if we carry out works for you we have your consent to use images of our work within your property for marketing and social media purposes. Every care will be taken not to include any reference to you or your address, pictures, personal effects, persons, pets or belongings in the photo.
- We may from time to time contact you via our email marketing platform with details of relevant offers or services, if you do not wish to receive these you may use the unsubscribe option within that email.
- As an individual you have strengthened rights under the new General Data Protection Regulations including the right to rectify any incorrect information we hold, transfer this information to another company, access the information or withdraw the information we hold about you.
- If you send in a CV for a job vacancy we will assume that we have your consent to store your data, even if you are unsuccessful so we may contact you if a similar role becomes available in the future.
- We have CCTV recording within the public area of our shop/office and this data is stored on a loop recording system for the purposes of staff safety and crime prevention. We also have forward facing dash cameras fitted to our fleet of vehicles for crime prevention.